Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Making it Happen

Hi there! It is hard to get back in the swing of things. I'm working on it.  And sometimes I think to myself what in the world can I post about and I think I have a great idea and then I can't seem to find the time to get out on the blog to actually post it.  So I'm making a deal with myself, no pressure posting but at least post a couple times a week. And see where it leads.

So that's what I'm doing.  I'm making it happen!

And you know, really it's like exercise.  You have to make the time for it because there is never enough time.

Here's the thing. I have some big plans I want to execute on and in order to do that I have to have a real plan, and I believe keeping up with regular posts on this blog are really going to help me execute on those other plans. So watch out world! LOL!!

Now. With all that being said, what in the world am I going to post about today? I'm going to post about socks! Yes! That's right. Socks.  Knitting socks in fact.

You see, I knitted my first pair of socks about.... four years ago.  My lys (local yarn store) had a sock a month a few years back where they featured a pattern and yarn and treated it like a Knit-A-Long with prizes for those who completed the socks within the time frame.  I really wanted to like knitting socks. But.... I did not. Using those double pointed needles was the worst thing EVER. So I decided I would never knit another pair of socks again.

After a while though, a friend kept telling me I needed to learn magic loop and knit socks that way.  I thought she was crazy.  Because how could any method make knitting socks fun? I resisted for a long time until I got a bug to knit these incredibly cute little Owl Puffs. In order to make these fun little guys, I learned magic loop.  And guess what? I liked it!

Once I'd made a few Owl Puffs and then using magic loop to finish off a couple of projects I really liked the magic loop.

This new found enjoyment of a new to me knitting method, combined with my epic project of knitted my family Christmas Stockings, which are just really large socks, I decided to give sock knitting a second chance.  Who would have ever thought, certainly not me, that I would now be addicted to knitting socks. Since the Fall, I've made five pairs of socks with number six on the needles.  One other thing I'm enjoying is learning heels.

I will write up another post on socks and actually include pictures in that one.  If I can figure out how to do that.  My. My. How things change when you're not around for awhile. So yeah.  I will have to relearn the upload and adding of photos.  In the meantime.  Yay! I posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment