Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Quick and Easy Pizza

Last friday night I needed to cook up some ground beef, and I knew two things for certain.  I did not want burgers and I did not want a pasta dish.  So I choose pizza instead!  And it turned out so yummy.

Here's the recipe.

Quick and Easy Pizza

Ingredients:
1 LB Ground Beef
1 Can Pillsbury Pizza Dough
1 Jar Pizza Sauce
2 Cups Mozarella Cheese
1/2 Small Onion Diced
1/2 Green Bell Pepper Diced
1/2 can Basil, Garlic and Orgeno Seasoned Diced Tomatoes (Drained)
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:

Brown the ground beef with the diced onion.  While cooking, season the beef with salt, pepper and garlic powder.  Once the beef is done, drain if necessary, and then add your diced (or sliced if you choose) bell pepper, diced tomatoes and about 1/4 cup of the pizza sauce.  While the meat mixture is simmering on low, roll out your dough and press into pan.  Bake for 6 minutes.  Pull the dough out of the oven and spread the remaining pizza sauce over dough, sprinkle all but about 1/2 cup of cheese over the sauce, spoon meat mixture over your dough and then sprinkle the remaining cheese over top.  Place back in oven and bake for another 6-7 minutes or until dough is done.

All in all it took about 30 minutes to cook and used up ingredients that I tend to keep on  hand.  I love pizza and lately homemade pizza is the best!  The taste is so much fresher and healthier.  You can use whatever ingredients you like.  I was going to toss on some mushrooms, but in the end it seemed like overkill so I left them off.  But let your imagination and taste buds run wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment