Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Love Affair

My last few posts have all been about food.  So today I'm going to veer the conversation onto another topic.

Shoes!

Seriously, I've never really been the type of person to go gah-gah over shoes.  For me, comfort is king.  I don't buy shoes based on their look.  In fact, I am in desperate need of new shoes.  Mine are so worn that they are no longer comfortable, but I can't find any that are as comfortable as the shoes I have once were.  If that makes any sense at all.

So I continue my search.

But what I never expected to happen, yet did, was for me to develope a love affair with a shoe.  Or rather a brand of shoes.  And that brand my friends is Crocs.

Crocs have come a long way since the release of the clog.

While I was on vacation back in June, Hubby and I stumbled into a tourist shop and I saw the rack of shoes in the back.  I thought "Why not?!" So I started trying them on and bought a pair.

I purchased the Patricia (pictured left).  They were so comfortable and cute! I loved them instantly.  And proceeded to wear them for pretty much the rest of our vacation.  Don't you just love the colors?

But this wasn't the end of my adventures.  We went back to that same shop looking for a stuffed animal for my daughter. (We did find her both a dolphin and sea turtle in this one shop.)  While we were there, I tried on yet more Crocs.  And ended up purcasing another pair of shoes!

This time I bought a pair of Madeira.  I get more comments about these shoes than any other shoes I've ever owned.  Seriously.  Everyone wants to know where I got them and what brand they are.  They are that stinkin' cute!

And the best part... They are as comfortable as they are cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment